Position Title: Digital Marketing Assistant
Type of position: Contract : 20-30 hours/week for 12 weeks
Location: In person at EMBERS Head Office at 310-111 Hastings St W, Vancouver
Pay: $20.00/per hour
To Apply: Please email your resume, cover letter, and digital media samples to email@example.com
EMBERS, the Eastside Movement for Business and Economic Renewal Society, is a not for profit located in Vancouver. At EMBERS, our mission is to create economic and employment opportunities for people living on low incomes. Over the past 18 years, EMBERS has helped thousands of people facing employment barriers to lead productive, fulfilling lives through employment and self-employment.
EMBERS is hiring a Digital Marketing Assistant who will be responsible for performing a range of activities to support the organization, primarily focusing on digital marketing.
This individual will report to the Marketing & Communications Specialist, Bethany Terracina.
- Update and maintain EMBERS website
- Support content marketing including social media, newsletters, and blog posts
- Complete marketing research assignments
- Support other marketing, communications, and events tasks
- Must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or refugee
- Strong interpersonal skills and can interact with a variety of stakeholders
- Must have extensive experience in WordPress and social media content marketing tools such as Hootsuite, G Suite, MailChimp
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Detail-oriented, organized and are capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively within established deadline
- Resourceful and adaptable, with strong problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a team environment, and work well under pressure
- Experience working in a fast-paced office environment is an asset
- Experience working with sensitive populations
- Passionate about non-profits, community development and/or social enterprises
- Completed or pursuing post-secondary education in marketing, communications, computer science, business or equivalent
- Able to take initiative
- Strong writing skills (considered an asset)
- Basic Adobe Creative Suite skills (considered an asset)
- Web analytics experience (considered an asset)
Supervision + Reporting Plan
The Digital Marketing Assistant will report to and interact daily with the Marketing & Communications Specialist, Bethany Terracina. Bethany will assign career-related tasks, provide constructive feedback/evaluation, and give ongoing support. Weekly meetings and daily check-ins will occur to encourage consistent communication.
At EMBERS, our mission is to empower people facing employment barriers to be economically self-sufficient and develop productive futures.
Please provide samples of websites you have worked on, social media posts, or any other digital marketing pieces with your cover letter and resume. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org and address the cover letter to Bethany Terracina, Marketing & Communications Specialist.