Job Title: Staffing Specialist / Recruiter
Work Site: Vancouver (#240 – 111 West Hastings Street)
Start Date: Immediately
Salary: $42,000, Benefits (Health, Dental and more)
Hours: Full Time Monday – Friday, Early AM Shift (5:30 AM)
EMBERS Staffing Solutions is Canada’s only non-profit staffing agency. We are so much more than a temp agency by focusing on moving our workers forward in their careers and supporting them in their development. We provide workers with equipment, training, and other resources to support them and most importantly we care about our workers.
About this Job
Working in the Vancouver office you will perform a wide range of administrative and clerical activities to facilitate the efficient operation of ESS as well as the dispatch of workers.
The job will have you working as a dispatcher, recruiter, operations administration and doing community engagement. The work environment is typical of a dispatcher type role and can be extremely busy at times.
You’re a people person who has a desire to make a difference in your community. You don’t mind early mornings and you can get downtown by 5:30 am. You’re a good communicator. You have an attention to detail.
Duties and responsibilities
- Oversee the front desk, welcoming, answering, referring and directing inquiries.
- Perform clerical duties such as maintaining electronic and hard copy filing system, photocopying, transcribing and faxing.
- Maintain a safe and clean reception and common area.
- Support our operations calling work sites and placing candidates as well as receiving and filling job orders.
- Assist workers with directions to site, timecards and general operation of our software.
- Dispatch of workers in the morning.
- Interviewing and screening candidates in consultation with branch manager.
Skills and Qualifications
- High School degree; additional qualification will be a plus.
- 2 + years of proven administrative and customer service experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds, including people in addictions recovery.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Multitasking and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize
- Excellent data entry skills and high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
Please apply by sending your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
We thank you for your application, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.