Job Title: Staffing Specialist – Construction Labour
Work Site: Vancouver (#240 – 111 West Hastings Street)
Start Date: Immediately
Salary: $42,500, Benefits (Health, Dental and more)
Hours: Full Time Monday – Friday
EMBERS Staffing Solutions is Canada’s only non-profit staffing agency. We are so much more than a temp agency by focusing on moving our workers forward in their careers and supporting them in their development. We provide workers with equipment, training, and other resources to support them and most importantly we care about our workers.
About this Job
Working in the operations office you will perform a wide range of activities to facilitate the efficient operation of ESS as well as the dispatch of workers. Experience in construction work is a must.
The job will have you working as a recruiter and account manager for multiple clients managing correspondence with the site supervisors.
You’re a people person who has a desire to make a difference in your community. You’re a good communicator. You have an attention to detail. You have construction experience.
Duties and responsibilities
- Oversee the front desk, welcoming, answering, referring and directing inquiries.
- Perform clerical duties such as maintaining electronic and hard copy filing system, photocopying, transcribing and faxing.
- Maintain a safe and clean reception and common area.
- Support our operations calling work sites and placing candidates as well as receiving and filling job orders.
- Assist workers with directions to site, timecards and general operation of our software.
- Placement of workers in the afternoon.
- Interviewing and screening candidates in consultation with branch manager.
Skills and Qualifications
- High School degree; additional qualification will be a plus.
- Construction Experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Multitasking and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize
- Excellent organizational skills.
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
We thank you for your application, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Vacation & paid time off
Email Gavin@emberscanada.org with your resume to apply.